The new Formula 1 season kicks off this weekend.
Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen competed in one of the most exciting championship fights of years and ended spectacularly with the Red Bull star claiming the title on the final lap of the final race.
While the dust has just settled on the controversial result, attention is now focused on the new campaign with desperate fans for the action to start again.
There are 22 races scheduled for the new season so far with Canada, Japan and Australia included on the tour.
Formula 1 2022: start date
The first official race of the new season is approaching Sunday, March 20th with the Bahrain Grand Prix.
Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc took pole position for the first round of the new campaign after beating Verstappen, with Hamilton only fifth.
Aston Martin’s Sebastian Vettel has been ruled out of the opening after positive for Covid-19 with Nico Hulkenberg replacing him.
Formula 1 2022: race calendar
The Russian Grand Prix was scheduled to take place on September 25, but was canceled after the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- 1. Bahrain Grand Prix – Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir – March 20
- 2. Saudi Arabia Grand Prix – Jeddah Corniche Circuit, Jeddah – March 27
- 3. Australian Grand Prix – Albert Park Circuit, Melbourne – 10 April
- 4. Emilia Romagna Grand Prix – Imola Circuit, Imola – April 24
- 5. Miami Grand Prix – Miami International Highway, Florida – May 8th
- 6. Spanish Grand Prix – Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Montmelo – 22 May
- 7. Monaco Grand Prix – Monaco Circuit, Monaco – May 29
- 8. Azerbaijan Grand Prix – Baku City Circuit, Baku – June 12
- 9. Canadian Grand Prix – Gilles Villeneuve Circuit, Montreal – June 19
- 10. British Grand Prix – Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone – July 3
- 11. Austrian Grand Prix – Red Bull Ring, Spielberg – 10 July
- 12. French Grand Prix – Paul Ricard Circuit, Le Castellet – July 24
- 13. Hungarian Grand Prix – Hungaroring, Mogyorod – July 31st
- 14. Belgian Grand Prix – Spa-Francorchamps Circuit, Stavelot – 28 August
- 15. Dutch Grand Prix – Zandvoort Circuit, Zandvoort – September 4th
- 16. Italian Grand Prix – Monza Circuit, Monza – September 11
- 17. Singapore Grand Prix – Marina Bay Street Circuit, Singapore – October 2
- 18. Japan Grand Prix – Suzuka International Racing Course, Suzuka – October 9th
- 19. United States Grand Prix – Circuit of the Americas, Texas – October 23
- 20. Mexico City Grand Prix – Hermanos Rodríguez Autodrome, Mexico City – October 30
- 21. Sao Paulo Grand Prix – Interlagos Circuit, Sao Paulo – November 13
- 22. Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi – November 20
Formula 1 2022: driver alignment
- Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton, George Russell
- Red Bull: Max Verstappen, Sergio Pérez
- Ferrari: Charles Leclerc, Carlos Sainz
- McLaren: Lando Norris, Daniel Ricciardo
- Alpine: Fernando Alonso, Esteban Ocon
- AlphaTauri: Pierre Gasly, Yuki Tsunoda
- Aston Martin: Sebastian Vettel, Lance Stroll
- Alfa Romeo: Valtteri Bottas, Guanyu Zhou
- Williams: Nicholas Latifi, Alex Albon
- Haas: Kevin Magnussen, Mick Schumacher
Formula 1 2022: What has been said?
Lewis Hamilton: “We’ve had small problems in the past, relatively compared to this year, we’ve had much smaller problems.
“This year we are facing much bigger problems. Everything we do to try to fix it doesn’t really change that, so it looks like it will probably be a longer-term solution, so nothing in the short term.
“Look at the Red Bulls, they are far, far ahead. It’s eight to nine-tenths ahead of us, and Ferrari is probably a little half a second behind.
“So we’re fighting and scrapping who’s behind it. My mindset is still trying to be the best I can be, just get the most out of the car.
“As you can see, we are far away, we are not lighthouses, as people thought. That’s the decent thing to do, and it should end there. “
Formula 1 2022: the odds of the drivers’ championship
- Max Verstappen 5/4
- Lewis Hamilton 3/1
- Charles Leclerc 7/2
- Carlos Sainz 7/1
- George Russell 12/1
- Terra Norris 40/1
- Sergio Perez 50/1
- Daniel Ricciardo 80/1
- Fernando Alonso 100/1
- Sebastian Vettel 125/1
- Esteban Ocon 150/1
- Pierre Gasly 200/1
- Lance Stroll 200/1
- Alex Albon 300/1
- Kevin Magnussen 300/1
- Mick Schumacher 3000/1
- Valtteri Bottas 500/1
- Yuki Tsunoda 500/1
- Guanyu Zhou 750/1
- Nicholas Latifi 750/1
Betting offer of the day
Bet365: £ 10 Bet Get £ 50 in free bets – CLICK HERE
Minimum deposit requirement. Free bets are paid as betting credits and are available for use after the clearing of qualified bets. Minimum probability exclusions, bets and payment methods apply. Refunds exclude the bet from the betting credits. Time limits apply and T&C 18+ Begambleaware.org