Hereâ€™s our travel guide to Mambukal Mountain Resort located in Murcia, Negros Occidental. It is one of the best mountain resorts in the country. Come here to unwind, hang out with family and friends. If you want to go away to a bustling city or the heat, itâ€™s also a great place to stay.
The first structure in the resort was built in 1927 by a Japanese Architect. Since 1957, this has been under the provincial government. This place is about 1,200 above sea level and next to Mt. Kanlaon. With gorgeous flora and fauna and modern facilities, itâ€™s a great weekend getaway for everyone.
What to do in Mambukal Mountain Resort
1. Take a Dip on the Springs or Pools
With a public sulfur pool, a bathhouse, and swimming pools; you should take a dip. Relax and have fun with your family and friends as you swim in the waters. If you want to avoid crowds, you may want to visit here during the weekdays as tourists and locals flock during holidays or weekends.
2. See the Falls
Hire a guide and climb your up or down to see the 7 Falls of Mambukal. You will be amazed at how beautiful these waterfalls are. However, you canâ€™t swim in some as there are loose rocks that may fall from the cliffs and is dangerous. There are some water basins where you can take dip though.
3. Walk Around
Itâ€™s not only pools or falls in the area, but you can also walk around and see a butterfly garden and fruit bats. There are also activities like boating in the lagoon, walking in the canopy, or a zip line. You could also just rest, relax, and enjoy the view in the corner.
Here are the expenses you might incur during your trip to Mambukal Mountain Resort:
- Adult â€“ PHP 50
- Kids (11 Years old and below) â€“ PHP 20
- Light Vehicles â€“ PHP 15
- Trucks and Buses â€“ PHP 30
- Swimming Pool â€“ PHP 50
- Japanese Ofuro (Sulfur Pool) â€“ PHP 100
- Bath Hose â€“ PHP 100 for 30 minutes
- Zip Line â€“ PHP 50
- Wall Climbing â€“ PHP 25
- Boating â€“ PHP 30
- Butterfly Garden â€“ PHP 20
- Falls Tariff â€“ PHP 100 â€“ 350
- Tables with 4 Chairs â€“ PHP 100
- Small â€“ PHP 300
- Big â€“ PHP 600
- You can buy food and eat it at the resort
- There is an affordable restaurant in the area that serves Native Filipino dishes
- Kaon Ta Sa Suba is available on weekends â€“ Buffet lunch for PHP 499
Check-in time is 2 PM, while Check out time is at 12Noon. The Lodge or Cottages mostly have single or air-conditioned bunk beds, with kitchen and veranda. However, the Villas are fully furnished with an additional view of the lagoon.
How to get to Mambukal Mountain Resort
- The airport in Negros Occidental is the Bacolod-Silay Airport
- There are local flights to and from: Manila, Cebu, Clark, and Davao
You can hire a coaster (25 pax) or Van (11 pax) to transfer you from Bacolod or Silay to Mambukal then back
- Van to/from Bacolod â€“ PHP 1,900
- Van to/from Silay â€“ PHP 2,200
- Coaster to/from Bacolod â€“ PHP 2,800
- Coaster to/from Silay â€“ PHP 3,300
- From the airport, you can take a van or taxi to Bacolod; you can stop at SM
- Take a jeepney with a route to Bata or Mandalagan and stop at Libertad Market
- Go to Save More Libertad and ride a jeep to Mambukal Resort
Travel Guide Tips to Mambukal Mountain Resort
- If you want to reserve a room or slot, you can contact the Provincial Capitol via (034) 433 8516 or (034) 473 â€“ 0610
- Guides are needed during your trek to the waterfalls; you can ask the management if anyone can assist you
- Wear proper shoes and gears during your trekking
- The sulfur pool or ofuro is very hot and about 40 degrees, be warned
- The mountain resort may not be PWD or Senior Citizen friendly
Sample Itinerary in Mambukal Mountain Resort
Day 1 in Mambukal Mountain Resort
8:00 AM â€“ Arrive at Bacolod Silay Airport / Travel to Mambukal
10:00 AM â€“ Relax / Try the swimming pools
12:00 PM â€“ Lunch
1:00 PM â€“ Waterfall Trekking
5:00 PM â€“ Check-in / Hot SpringÂ / Ofuro
7:00 PM â€“ Dinner / Sleep
Day 2 in Mambukal Mountain Resort
7:00 AM â€“ Wake up / Breakfast
8:00 AM â€“ Walk Around / Other Activities
11:00 AM â€“ Swimming
12:00 PM â€“ Wash up / Check-Out / Lunch
1:00 PM â€“ Travel Back to City
*Prices stated above are subject to change.
Thatâ€™s our travel guide to Mambukal Mountain Resort. You will surely enjoy a day or two in this escape from the city. Rejuvenate, relax, and have fun in this natural resort in the mountains. What are you most excited about when you visit this place? Comment below!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
About the Writer
Hey, Iâ€™m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places â€œone dayâ€ but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. Iâ€™m aimingÂ to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through myÂ Instagram.