If you want to experience a hike to the mountain and check out the sea in a day, you can do so in Mabini, Batangas. Mabini is home to Mt. Gulugod-Baboy, a manageable mountain for beginners, Anilao or Sombrero Islands, where you can end your day at the beach. Hereâ€™s our list of things to do inÂ Mabini, Batangas, Philippines!
Mabini is a municipality in Batangas named after the Philippine Hero, Apolinario Mabini. It is where Mount Gulugod-Baboy lies. There are three peaks; the Gulugod Baboy, Tore, and Pinagbanderahan, where a Japanese placed a flag during WW2 once. Mabini is also famous for muck diving, where you could see elusive creatures deep down.
Things to do in Mabini, Batangas
1. Trek Mt. Gulugod Baboy
Do you want to see a view of Batangas, the Balayan Bay, or the Taal Volcano? Then off you go to Mt. Gulugod Baboy. It is 525 meters above sea level and very easy for beginners. Donâ€™t forget to bring water as you ascend to the summit; you might get thirsty along the way.
2. Dive at Anilao
Anilao is a barangay in Mabini, Batangas and very popular for underwater sports. It is also said to be the birthplace of scuba diving in the country. Experience muck diving as you swim with turtles, corals, and rare sea creatures like the frogfish and stonefish. Itâ€™s one of the best diving destinations in the Philippines. Try doing so from October to May.
3. Visit an Island
In the Balayaban Bay, a few minutes boat ride from Mabini, is a tiny island that looks like a hat; Sombrero Island. With white sand and not much shade, youâ€™ll surely get a tan during your visit. Prepare your snorkel gear, though, as you can dive to see colorful fishes. Be careful of the current, though.
Here are the expenses you might incur during your trip.
- Gulugod Baboy Fee â€“ PHP 40
- Guide Fee â€“ PHP 500
- Sombrero Island Entrance Fee â€“ PHP 200
- Boat Fee to Sombrero Island â€“ PHP 3,000 â€“ 4,000 per boat
How to get to Mabini, Batangas
- Ride a bus to going to Batangas Grand Terminal (PHP 150 â€“ 175)
- From the Terminal, ride a jeep to Anilao
To Mt. Gulugod Baboy
- Tell the jeepney driver to drop you off at Philpan Dive Resort, which is the jump-off point
- If you are driving, you can search for â€œPhilpan Dive Resortâ€ and drive your way there
To Sombrero Island
- Ask the jeepney to drop you off at Anilao Port
- If you are driving, you can search for â€œAnilao Portâ€ and drive your way there
- Rent a boat to Sombrero Island
Travel Guide Tips to Mabini, Batangas
- Wear proper gear as you climb to Mt. Gulagod Baboy
- Guides are not required, but itâ€™s recommended especially if you are a newbie
- Bring food or water during your trip; there is no store on the summit
- You can stay at the resorts in Anilao and get also deals there to dive or go to some islands
- If you want to spend more time, you can ride a boat to Tingloy, which is another town
Sample Itinerary in Mabini, Batangas
3:00 AM â€“ Travel to Batangas
5:00 AM â€“ Arrive at Batangas Grand Terminal
6:00 AM â€“ Arrive at Philpan Dive Resort / Breakfast
7:00 AM â€“ Start Trek to Mt. Gulagod Baboy
9:00 AM â€“ Arrive at Summit / Photo Op
10:00 AM â€“ Start descending
11:30 AM â€“ Arrive at the Resort / Lunch
12:30 PM â€“ Off to Anilao Port for Sombrero Island
1:30 PM â€“ Arrival at the Island / Swim / Snorkel / Dive
4:00 PM â€“ Back to the Mainland
5:00 PM â€“ Arrive at the mainland / Wash Up
6:00 PM â€“ Back to Manila
You could surely enjoy a day in Mabini to climb Mt. Gulagod Baboy and dive in Anilao. Itâ€™s convenient and easy for beginners; you could relax, too! I hope that our list of things to do in Mabini, Batangas helps your future trip there. Happy Travels!
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!
About the Writer
Hey, Iâ€™m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places â€œone dayâ€ but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and I fell in love with the experience. I aim to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, taking pictures, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.